Oh, Bobby!

My cousin is in town this week, and she and I made plans to meet up for lunch today, since I have the day off work (it's only 4 p.m. and I've already worked out!). We met at Cozy's, for lack of a better suggestion, but I got there a little early and she was going to be late. For whatever reason I can't hear my phone ringing ... EVEN WHEN IT'S IN MY HAND. I'm suspecting that it didn't ring at all, but whatever.

I got a voice mail from her that was a little garbled, but I suddenly got the idea that she was at Cosi, up Broadway about 8 blocks. (We had used Strand as the reference point, and Cosi is much closer than Cozy.) So for lack of anything better to do, and to get my blood pumping after standing in the cold for 30 minutes, I hightailed it up there. I went in Cosi and looked around, didn't see her and decided to go back to Cozy.

Across the street, by the movie theater, who do I spy?

My Holy Grail of celebrity sightings...

Vincent D'Onofrio. [wikipedia]

ZOMG. Crap on a cracker. And all the excitement in the world!

He was not filming or in character. He was smoking a cigarette, leaning on a newspaper box and looking very grizzly. Smoking hot (literally). Anyway, I was NOT smooth, and the recognition on my face caught his eye, even across the street. He looked at me, I looked at him. He smoked, I looked at my phone, trying to decide how rude it would be to try to take a picture.

In the end I decided too rude, and he moved away from my line of sight as the light turned green and traffic ran in front of me.

I booked it back to Cozy, arriving just as Jenn did, and we had a lovely lunch. Although the food isn't spectacular, it is cheap and the company could NOT be beat! I forget how much I like people and being around them! Ha-ha!

And the delay in connecting and the garbled voice message were all in the plan to let me see Mr. D'Onofrio, me thinks.

I wish I'd taken the picture though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

silvermari.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Want to Order a Crochet Hat?

Thanks for your interest in silvermari crochet hats . Most of what I make are sized for infants and toddlers, although I can size up and dow...